Items for Sale

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Striped Socks


The GroceryGirls May Sock Bash on Ravelry
is for striped socks.  I had some Paintbox Yarns striped rainbow yarn that I thought would be perfect.   I knit a Cuff Down sock based on a pattern by Kay Jones of the Bakery Bears.  It went together very well, even the gusset heel flap was easy to do as it was well explained in the pattern.  The heels and toes were knit with some left over yarn that coordinated with the colors.

The Kitchener bind off always makes such a nice finish. 
I found a great tutorial by Suzanne Bryan that demonstrated how to do this method without having "ears".  Here's the video.

I avoid using dpns as I much prefer the Magic Loop method and try to adapt patterns whenever I can.  I knit these socks with 2.25 mm needles, it always seems to take a bit longer.  But the time spent was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment