Items for Sale

Friday, March 8, 2019

Socks for Hubby

I finished a pair of socks for hubby who picked out the colours on his own. He is not into indie dyed wool or anything showy; just warm and comfortable were his criteria. Set loose in the yarn store, he chose Regia 4-ply grey with maroon contrast, perhaps something like his great-grandfather would have worn! Which is what his photograph intended to portray with everything in the photo (except the socks) dating to c. 1900. He’s quite happy with how everything turned out.
 

He liked them so much that he requested another pair.  I made them with the left over wool from his first pair - just the opposite colors.  I used Susan B Anderson's socks for men pattern.  Turkish cast on, toe up socks, short row heel on 2.25 mm ChiaoGoo circular needles - my go to method for socks.  I also do a little something to avoid the annoying hole that sometimes appears when you join the finished heel stitches to the instep stitches.  Socks are enjoyable to knit -  I can knit them fairly quickly; they don't take much yarn and they are functional and appreciated by the recipient. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment