Items for Sale

Monday, November 7, 2016

Table Runners


I follow the Tea Ginny Designs blogspot and when I saw Alex’s Autumnal Table Runner, I knew I wanted to give it a try. 

My dining area has a new canvas print of a photo taken by my husband and I wanted to match the colors as close as I could to the photo.    

 
When it comes to matching colors, I use Palette Builder.  It helps choose color palettes based on any photo. The chosen colors can then be matched to the closest solid fabrics in Kona and Moda Bella as well as Aurifil threads, and hex codes.  It’s my go to app for matching and it works.

 With color choices for Kona fabrics in hand, I perused Mad About Patchwork's Kona fabrics.  They have a wide selection of solid colors and it’s a great place to shop.

With a little planning, I was able to put the table runner together.  I think it matches the photo really well.  Enjoyed it so much I made one for the hutch and one for the dining table. 

Also practiced some free motion quilting on these runners.  Lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment