Items for Sale

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Strip Ribbons Quilt

The Strip Ribbons quilt pattern was designed by Gudrun Erla of GE Designs from Iceland.  The pattern comes in 4 sizes - crib, lap, twin and queen.

The pattern was easy to follow.  Using a variety of more masculine colors was off the usual beaten path of my quilt colors.  Nice to venture in new directions :)

The fabric from a variety of designers was purchased at Mad about Patchwork with Katy providing lots of helpful color advice.



I took the plunge and quilted some diagonal lines (simplistic as it was) with my new Bernina.  Such a difference from when I tried this many years ago without the aid of a walking foot.  No puckers and it went like a charm.  Thanks to Tallgrass Prairie Studio for the tips on straight line quilting.  As she recommends, avoid sewing on the tape as it's a pain to remove if the needle hits it.  (Learned from experience :)  )

The guides attached to the foot, helped to keep lines a consistent distance apart and straight,  once I had the first straight line stitched. 

I made this quilt for my brother-in-law, hope he enjoys it.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea how striking this quilt would be, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the colors worked really well. Thanks for your great color sense.

    ReplyDelete