Items for Sale

Monday, September 9, 2024

Funny Squares Quilt




Funny Squares 39 x 48

Participated in a quilt a long in January 2022 with Ekaterine Bessarabova better known on Instagram as @katybess68  

The colors on this one really caught my eye and I decided to use the same palette.  Why reinvent the wheel!  Fortunately, the gals at Mad About Patchwork are fantastic at picking colors that I request as I wasn't going to the store itself.  So with a screen shot of the colors in hand,  they chose the Kona solids for me. 

Over four weeks I constructed the quilt.  Chain piecing came in handy.





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Design board layout.




July 2024 - Finally got around to putting the quilt top, batting and backing together.  Quilted with my walking foot attachment.  Added the binding and hand stitched to backing.  


Pieced backing made from quilt top scraps.

A big thank you to @katybess68 on instagram for the quilting lines info.  So nice to be able to quilt on my domestic machine.








No comments:

Post a Comment