Items for Sale

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Bauhaus QAL

 Bridgette of Zen Chic designed the quilt and ran the Bauhaus QAL in 2022.  The quilt top sat for a while but I finally got it quilted and hand sewed the binding.



I used her Spotted collection and the Modern Background Even More Paper fabrics.  Fabric was sourced from 3 different stores - Mad About Patchwork, Fat Quarter Shop, Dinkydoo .









Weeks 1 and 2 for for prepping and cutting the fabrics.

Week 3 was for piecing the straight line blocks.

It's handy to use weights for holding down templates or ruler, when cutting fabric.
 
 Squaring these large blocks was not going to happen with this ruler, so purchased a much larger one for the job.
 



Bias cuts was the objective of Week 4



It's difficult to quilt such a large quilt on my domestic machine, so I had long armer Michelle do the quilting.




Always like to label my quilts.


No comments:

Post a Comment