Items for Sale

Monday, March 21, 2022

Windy City

Made a quilt for my sister-in-law who is undergoing cancer treatment.   Bought the pattern, Windy City, and fabrics to make it and away I went. Fabric is mostly Cotton & Steel, Strawberry Fields line.


This pattern involves lots of piecing which I enjoyed.  Something very useful for all the diagonal piecing was the Diagonal Seam tape from Cluck Cluck Sew.  It's been sitting in my cabinet for awhile and I decided to give it a try.  A real time saver and accurate too.

My design wall always comes in handy when deciding on layout.  


When it comes to prepping the layers for quilting, I use two folding tables side by side and elastic straps hooked to the legs.  I pin the elastic to the edges of the backing so it's nice and snug.  Lay the batting on top and thoroughly smooth it out.  Then on goes the quilt top and more smoothing. 😀 Finally the pinning begins.

This is probably the biggest quilt I've done on my domestic.  At times, it was like wrestling an octopus, but I got into the swing of it.  Walking foot is a wonderful tool for this type of quilting. 


The backing fabric is one of my favorites.  Lots of interesting messages on it.  The label is bordered with bits of fabric from quilts that I've made for her grandchildren.
The finished quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment